[Home][2017 Index] Re: [TCML] Jacob's Ladder [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Jacob's Ladder

No danger at all to a NST. They are inherently current limited. 9 KV should work as long as you can get an arc started at the bottom. Just about any thickness of wire will work electrically although you want something stiff enough to stand up and be rigid. In one that I made I used 1/8 inch diameter steel rods for their stiffness.

----- Original Message -----
From: "YESN via Tesla" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, December 25, 2017 6:56:38 AM
Subject: [TCML] Jacob's Ladder

In some message in this email chain somebody mentioned he was going to build a jacob's ladder.
It looks very interesting and cool to demonstrate to others.
Is there any danger involved for the transformer? (Is a 9kV 60mA even suitable?)
Does anyone have a recommendation for the wire thickness?

My regards, and happy holidays!

Yesn