[Home][2017 Index] Re: [TCML] Teletype motor for Sync 3600 RPM RSG for sale [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Teletype motor for Sync 3600 RPM RSG for sale

Hi Miles,

When I tried to use that motor, I was hosting some wacky ideas of spinning
a really big disk with some heavy copper pipe chunks for electrodes.  I
also had no idea about proper SRSG cap sizes.  My initial attempts failed
on a number of fronts, and I abandoned the SRSG for a couple years until I
found a smaller motor and Terry Blake invented the propeller gap.  I now
preach the benefits of the propeller gap (PG) geometry.  Unfortunately the
aluminum arbor that comes with this motor can't be used with a propeller,
but the beauty of the PG is the relative ease of arbor construction.  My PG
is documented here:  http://www.laushaus.com/tesla/sync_gap.htm

To your question, I honestly don't recall how large a disk I was using at
the time.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA