From: "Futuret via Tesla" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 6:11:52 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] VTTC MOT question

I'm not sure what you mean about the tuning being within 1/2 turn accuracy?
Generally speaking as you apply a higher voltage using the variac, you have
to retune the primary tank frequency lower to compensate for the longer
sparks which have more capacitive loading.  This would tend to explain
why your sparks are not increasing when you go from 120 volts to140 volts.
This is to be expected, unless you retune.  I've always seen this effect in
my work.  I don't think MOT saturation has anything to do with the problem.
I've never seen MOT saturation limit my spark length in any MOT that I've
used.  Yes the MOT will saturate, but you'll still get longer sparks.
If you retune, then I think you should obtain 23" sparks.

John