[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Bleeder resistor for Maxwell cap [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Bleeder resistor for Maxwell cap

I would add a 10k resistor to the end of the 79M chain and put the chain across the HV.

Then  use a standard AC voltmeter to check if there are low volts across the 10k,

using safety proceedures, of course.

With HV at, say 15kv, the volts across the 10k will be approx 2v

thus indicating that the chain is intact.

On 08/02/2018 03:30, Gary Lau wrote:
78 Meg is higher than most multimeters can read so you need to be creative
in verifying that sub-sections of the series chain are intact, thereby
implying that the entire chain is wired intact.

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 1:40 PM, dennis otmaskin <dotmaskin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I would appreciate some guidance on the proper bleeder resistor for a 35kV
.003uF Maxwell pulse capacitor (#367667) or where I can go to find this
info.  Thank you!

Dennis, Hopkinton MA