[Home][2018 Index] [TCML] Three phase to Ballast? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Three phase to Ballast?

So, I have this huge 3 phase transformer that was slated to step down 480 to 36V at 600 or so amps.
My lack of 3 phase power has led me to wonder if I could use the transformer as a single phase input output via keeping/using only one set of the windings.
Has anyone used a 3 phase transformer as a single phase unit via isolating the unused coils and simply running just the middle leg?
Cheers, Jay