[Home][2018 Index] [TCML] Ricci Transformer Update [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Ricci Transformer Update

Hi all,

A while back I mailed about my problems with the Ricci Transformer.

Yesterday I was able to run current trough a gas tube filled with helium. I hooked the transformer up and it flashed for a brief moment. Then I heard a click which I concluded must be from the circuit in the lid. I can come up with some explenations but I can’t say what’s correct. I have contacted the company in all ways possible and they couldn’t provide me a circuit diagram.
Although it is not necessary for my project to know I am still interested in knowing the explanation behind it.

Another weird thing is that the conversion rate didn't seem to be right. To test it out safely we had 6 V as input. The output was measured at 263 V. The factor would be around 44 times.
The thing is we have a 9kV transformer which has 230 V as input and would have a factor of 39. (Are multimeters really inaccurate?)

After the first testings we hooked it up to a well crafted jacob's ladder. But it wouldn't spark which was remarkable since the minimal spark distance was under 1 cm.
After igniting some matches it started sparking and the transformer didn't turn off this time crazily enough.
I do not know what went wrong first but I can confirm that a Ricci transformer does work well. But it's really hard to find information about this particular type of transformer.

Thanks for all the previous suggestions! I can now move on to buy capacitors for my MMC.

Sincerely,

Yesn

PS: Fun story. The one who helped me out used to be a (respected) scientist. He told us that he actually touched a Jacob's ladder once. Voltages were definitely above 6kV but it may be way higher. Anyway he touched them for a short period of time with both hands creating a closed loop.
He told his hands jerked back quickly and that it hurt a lot (what a surprise). I guess he is lucky to be alive, but he told that he had bruises all over his arms (because he knocked back really hard) and that his muscles were almost immovable for 3 days.
When igniting the Jacob's Ladder he hold the match really close to the Jacob's ladder which I found quite scary, that's the reason he told it to us.
Has anyone else experienced something of this kind? (I hope not)

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile