[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] 833A vacuum tube filament current [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] 833A vacuum tube filament current

 Also, I've never experienced an incandescent bulb just dying while on. Every bulb I've seen die, did so when I turned it on.
    On Sunday, February 18, 2018, 2:38:32 PM EST, David Rieben <drieben@xxxxxxx> wrote:

 >(Did you know that the life of an incandescent bulb is inversely
>proportional to the thirteenth power of the applied voltage? A sobering
>thought.)

Interesting. That would explain why 130 volt rated incandescent bulbs are
more expensive and rated to have a considerably longer operational life than
their 120 volt rated counterparts: 130/120 = 1.083;
1.083^13 = 2.83X greater operational life expectancy.

Capacitors have a similar applied voltage vs. operational life relationship
as well, especially once they are overvolted beyond their nameplate rating,
even though the power factor gradient is typically not that sharp and
ambient temperature environment also plays a major role in capacitor
longevity.

http://www.illinoiscapacitor.com/tech-center/life-calculators.aspx

David Rieben