[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Coefficient of coupling question. [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Coefficient of coupling question.

I am working out a ballasting problem using multi layered induction coils and need to find the k value. This not a question concerning coupling at high frequency but rather the 60 hz frequency. Suppose I have a small coil that >consumes 10 ma at a set voltage. I then put a large coil under the small coil and short those windings showing 1 ma. The supply to the small coil then rises to 11 ma due to the loss of impedance due to the secondary coupling. >Can the K value be found from that information, or do I need more parameters? HDN Pioneering the Applications of Interphasal Resonances http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/teslafy/

The coupling can be calculated from the increase in primary current
due to shorting the secondary only if you can neglect the copper
resistance of both coils. In that case

unloaded orimary current / loaded primary current = 1 - k^2

i.e.

10/11 = 1 - k^2

That sets k to about 0.30

Udo