[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Death Ray? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Death Ray?

Same here. Without any doubt he was a genius, but 99% of the strange things you can read about Tesla is just "bullshit".

Am 24.02.2018 um 18:10 schrieb Steve White:
Any back-of-the-envelope analysis of the amount of energy required to cause something like the Tunguska explosion would quickly discount this idea. We are talking energy levels that are contained in many hydrogen bombs to cause such destruction. Whatever it did or didn't do Tesla' Waredencliff tower, or any of his other large coils,  in the end was merely a way of transporting energy produced by a power plant from one location to another. It produced no energy and was a very inefficient way to transmit wireless power. That is why wireless power transmission over long distances never worked and still doesn't work. There are no power plants then, now, or in the foreseeable future producing energy levels on the level of multiple hydrogen bombs. The current theory is probably the correct one: a large comet or meteor strike.

Tesla should be remembered for what his actual achievements were: the AC power generation and distribution system and induction motors. These achievements were monumental and form the background of our modern world. That other nonsense about death rays, earthquake machines, the Tunguska event, etc. is just an insult to his memory and detracts from his real accomplishments.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Myfirstteslacoil via Tesla" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2018 3:47:38 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Death Ray?

Altough I have found Tesla’s life intruiging I never was able to completely believe any theories surrounding him.
Why are there so many?
I can recall one about the Tunguska explosion. It was said to be caused by Tesla’s Wardenclyffe tower. If I remember correctly the theory stated that Tesla made an expedition to the North Pole and build a receiver tower there.
And if one draws a line from Shoreham (Long Island) to the area of Tunguska explosion it crosses the North Pole.
I think the reason for this theory is the lack of information about the Tunguska explosion, especially the cause. It is a fun theory notheless.

,Yesn

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile