[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] 833A VTTC grid leak resistor [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] 833A VTTC grid leak resistor

Hi Steve,

One more thing, if you lower the ohms some more, try this first, see what
happens, if seeing some gains, next try adding some more inductance with
this.
With more spark loading it is going to want more.
Instead of just doing a half turn increase, try a couple of full turns or
even maybe four full turns on the get go. Can always back down. Me I like
to try bigger changes at first. If it gets worse back off half the amount.
If making gains, ad a couple full turns more, going until you see losses,
then back down a little a time going back on the couple of full turns just
added that gave you losses.

Just some suggestions on tuning when pulsing.

 I usually do this with the pulse rate turned up a bit, but not too fast.
Lowest rate pulsing for me doesn't perform as well, also seems harder to
see tuning changes. It seems to like a little more "speed".

I like to make bigger jumps initially.
If I am not doing by inductance, I do this also with capacitance changes. I
will do a like a full .001uF. Sometimes more on a hunch, depending on how
the arcs look to me.

Chris

Sent from my LG V20