[Home][2018 Index] [TCML] VTTC schematic triac question [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] VTTC schematic triac question

I don't have much expertise with vacuum tubes. I am more of a transistor person. My question concerns the 833A VTTC schematic of Steve Ward. I have recently completed a VTTC based on this design and it works well. My question involves the triac used for staccato operation. The schematic specifies a triac with only a 480 volt rating. From the schematic, it appears to me that this triac has to hold off about 4000 volts when switched off. Am I correct or am I missing something? Why is a 480 volt triac adequate?