[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Re Please review my coil plan [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Re Please review my coil plan

Jan,

Sounds good!

If possible, you may want to consider pulling a partial vacuum on the transformer to remove entrapped air. This will improve its long-term reliability and corona-resistance.

Bert

Jan Ohlsson wrote:
Very useful info about rotating gap layout!

I was thinking of six rotating and one or two pairs of stationary electrodes, to be able to transfer enough energy per time unit, based on a reasonable capacitor value. The second pair of stationary electrodes should in that case be 150 degrees apart from the first, I thought, to give one firing each 30 degrees of rotation.

But I realize now that the load on the flying electrodes would be doubled, and that there are well functioning big coils with one pair.

For a brief moment I was thinking of water cooled stationary electrodes, as in big TIG-welding equipment, but that would be very hard to make.

Filled the transformer oil today, almost 40 liter, as the coil has held 95 degrees celsius for a day now, and should be dry. The unit is sealed now, but testing will have to wait until I have a functioning ballast. Will start winding tomorrow.

Jan

Skickat från min iPad