[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] **External Email** Big 12" Tesla SRSG running at 100bps (and 200bps sampler) [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] **External Email** Big 12" Tesla SRSG running at 100bps (and 200bps sampler)

Matthew:

Clicking on the original link works for me OK, maybe yours has a break or space in it?
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=WkLSAYjR91o

Terry:
>>"

/it appears the higher rate resulted in few ground level/strike rail strikes, and more consistent horizontal strikes as well."/

I tend to find that 200 gives less ground strikes with the streamers tending to come from the top of the toroid or else the sides. If you deliberately set the phase wrong with 200bps you can then induce more ground strikes. Over do it though, as I recently did on my own coil, and it ends in tears - I know.

Phil T