[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] MMC reference check. [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] MMC reference check.

Yes.  You could do that and you would fine with the voltage, however you will most likely still be low on overall capacitance. Assuming your NST is 30mA, then 25 0.15uF caps in series will yield a about 6nF.  For those power levels, about 16nF would be the required capacitance for a larger than resonant setup and single static spark gap configuration.  If possible, it would be best to consider a different capacitor for your MMC.

-------- Original message --------From: James Janota via Tesla <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Date: 7/15/18  1:58 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Tesla Coil Mailing List <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: [TCML] MMC reference check.
Can I use half of the NST so I’m only running 7.5kv?

Regards

James Janota
(727)512-7112 Phone
(727)595-6625 Fax