[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Back again....and Tesla Magnifier Tuning [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Back again....and Tesla Magnifier Tuning

Greg,

I'm glad to hear you're back into coiling.  Your question is clear.
The primary is generally tuned to the aggregate resonant
frequency of the combined secondary and extra coil.  At least
this is true for normal spark gap coils.  If a system could be
made to quench extremely quickly, then it might be of some
benefit to tune to the extra coil frequency.  At least that's
my understanding.  Some sort of electronic quenching
might work.  I don't think anyone has tried it yet.  There
might be newer information available about this issue
that I'm not aware of.

John