[Home][2018 Index] [TCML] Need Energy Discharge Capacitor Information [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Need Energy Discharge Capacitor Information

I have two energy discharge capacitors for which I am seeking additional information. I have searched the internet and sent questions to the manufacturers to no avail. This is what I know about the two capacitors from the nameplates.

Capacitor #1:

* Manufacturer: Maxwell
* Catalog Number: 33504
* Capacitance: 106 uF
* Maximum Voltage: 10 KV

This is one of the big orange units that I have seen others use in various HV pulse discharge projects. I have a section of an old Maxwell catalog but this particular model is not listed.

Capacitor #2:

* Manufacturer: Aerovox
* Catalog Number: PM223YW099D01
* Capacitance: 102 uF
* Maximum Voltage: 22 KV

This is one of the big gray blocks that I have also seen. I have also seen similar Aerovox units used in HV pulse discharge projects.

Primarily what I am seeking is maximum number of shots and maximum allowable voltage reversal. I know that these capacitors are not suited for tesla coil use. I am going to use them to build a quarter shrinker and a ring launcher. Please, I don't need any safety warnings or such. I have been building tesla coils for many years. Any additional information about these capacitors would be greatly appreciated.

Steve