[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] VTTC MOT question [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] VTTC MOT question

Hi Steve,

For me, yes I saw improvement. That's why I kept working up. I do this in
conjunction with adding capacitance to the tank. I put a bigger toroid on
first and run coil and verify that the arcs get spoiled, fatter, and
shorter. You want to see this. Then you need to add inductance and/or
capacitance to the tank to then "straighten, stretch" the arcs out longer.
Amp draw should also go up also. Most of the time, not always, just like
John, I have better results adding capacitance also. Since you only have 2
turns left to add which I think is not enough for a bigger toroid. I would
max out your turns, and then add capacitance changes only. You may need to
get and expand your selection of caps for fine tuning. Me, I have pretty
large and wide selection of mica caps to try. You should be fine on your
type of caps, sounds like you need some more selection to have on hand.

Or you can try by what your saying by what sounds like a too big of a cap
and then back off on inductance turns. Sounds like the easiest for you to
try currently.

Then there are the other things that can be adjusted and tried also of
course.

Me, I am able to do very extended run times also. I have added several fans
over time, all over, to extend this even further. Overall pulsing is so
great :-)

Okay, going to get messing with my coil and see if I can break 30", just 1"
shy ;-)

Hopefully, later today, I will post some pictures and more details of what
is all going on with this coil.

Chris

Sent from my LG V20