From: "Chris Reeland" <chrisreeland@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2018 6:55:12 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Method for attaining CW in VTTC

Hi Steve,

I can't say for sure, but I'm starting to wonder about something not being
right with the feedback winding, which is causing the limited current. If I
remember correctly, your grid leak cap and resistor values your using
should normally let quite a bit of current to pass.

Also when you say the arcs/shorts from the secondary hitting or trying to
hit the feedback winding, where are they specifically coming from? From the
bottom of the toroid? From the secondary winding itself? If winding, what
height? From below a bit, straight across, or from a bit upward?

Wish I could see what you have going on there or even be there to try to
figure out what is going on.

I know you have said you feel the tube is good and strong, so I am leaning
towards the feedback winding. A bit bothered that your still having
possible strike issues even with the guard ring in place.

Me, I'm peaking at 17 amps now. Went up 1 amp. This is with the PFC caps in
place. So, I would say without PFC from what I was seeing before the
circuit breaker tripping problems previously about 24+ amps on the 120v
line. Definitely tripping of course...

So I am definitely able to conduct "heavy". My tube during the peak of the
pulse rate that I am currently at, is just getting slightly orange spots
pulsing of course. So my tube is not working too hard.

Could you give some dimensions of all three windings and wire heights that
they are located at? All wire guages and turns, think you said #8 primary,
feedback about 2" above.  I forgot the rest. Tried looking at some past
messages, can't find it yet on the specs. I know it is based off of Ward's,
but some changes.
You have some height adjustment possible of secondary also I think, don't
remember how much.

Trying to get some ideas...

Chris

Sent from my LG V20