[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] WTB - Lg Torid / Lg NST [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] WTB - Lg Torid / Lg NST

Russell,

I believe that those cold cathode type transformers would have mostly seen use in the neon sign shop, such as for bombarder duty and not really much use ‘in the field’. Some of the old shops actually used a pole pig for bombarder duty. Most of the old style, iron cored NSTs that were designed for use in the field were rated at 30 mA, or even less, with the 60 mA rated ones relegated more for use in the colder climates. At least, that’s what I was led to believe. Any that were rated at 120 mA or more were probably designed for in shop use only. Maybe someone with experience in neon sign maintenance could weigh in here?

David

Sent from my iPhone