[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Where is everyone? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Where is everyone?

I've been on the TCML since around 1997 or so.  Back then there were still many issues about coil behavior and theory that were very unsettled and were being extensively discussed, along with ongoing experimentation to prove ordisprove things.  At some point the great majority of issues were consideredto be settled and there weren't too many mysteries left.  One of the only remainingmysteries was the exact nature of TC spark growth.  The work that was done onDRSSTC's and QVC type coils as well as various staccato-type VTTC's helped to shed some light on that question.  Things got a lot slower on the list when there were finally less issues to debate.  I think mostly everyone felt very satisfied with the way the theoretical and experimental progress turned out.  For me those days were a fascinating time of cooperative intellectual stimulation.Things eventually reached a natural conclusion.   Much of the theory that is mentioned these days relates back to work that was done in those earlier days.  Anyhow that's my take on the situation.  I haven't been doing any Tesla coil work lately, but I read the posts, and comment occasionally.  And one of the best thingsabout the TCML is all the great people I got to know.  The range and level ofknowledge and expertise of the list members is mind-boggling.
John Freau