[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Where is everyone? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Where is everyone?

Is this not "Chip's list" any more? I joined around 1997 when I was 15 or so. I remember Chip ran the list and Terry was the moderator. What happened to Chip and Terry? I joined shortly after building my first VDG, while I was planning to build my first TC. My first TC used a single OBIT and was a rough affair but I got a few inches of streamers from it. By the time I was 16 I build a 4" diameter coil powered by 4 OBITS and got 3' streamers... But school and life and university got in the way... at some point I dropped off the list and lived mostly in small apartments so I couldn't have my fun stuff until I bought my first house in about 2005. I build a very small coil there. I've looked at the list off and on since then but I just don't have time anymore. I've moved overseas from Canada to the UK since and although I played with a few more small coils in the past few years I haven't had the room to have a TC again until recently. Last year I moved into a house in the Kent countryside with a proper 2 car garage to turn into a workshop. I'm planning to have a real ground rod put in at some point and finally look into the DRSSTC thing that eveyrone is talking about ;).  Back in the 90's the big rage that I remember was OLTCs... They seemed to die quickly but I think they're the great-grandfathers of DRSSTCs.

Cheers,
Troy.