[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Streamer hits to power cabling [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Streamer hits to power cabling

I've destroyed a number of ballasts this way.

      From: Jan Ohlsson <jan@xxxxxxxx>
 To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
 Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 7:33 AM
 Subject: [TCML] Streamer hits to power cabling

Hi,
I am getting close to testing my 315 mm tesla coil for the first time. But I think there is  a possibility for streamer strikes to the overhead fluorescent lighting fixtures, or the suspended cabling for these.

How would you assess the risk for damage to cabling or lighting fixtures?

If necessary I could screen the cabling with a copper mesh connected to RF ground, or move the flourescent lighting, but that is a lot of work, so I would like to see to what extent the streamers are attracted to the cables first.

Jan
Stockholm, Sweden

Skickat från min iPad