[Home][2018 Index] [TCML] First light [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] First light

Hi,
This is the very first test with my 315 mm coil.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMGIjbFcuhcW-ygtbhLNYTcdZIP-cKCiFdsglUP
2CICWzJj2jLL5XnpTIZ5SZeLLg/photo/AF1QipMQyXQAiaog2NMZ6-91iplHciNA8qKHheQf7iH
_?key=VVR2dks0OHpVOUcwb3FWR3VQTzJfQ1hmOHBlR3dB

I tried to direct the streamer away from the fluorescent lighting fixtures
and the cables with a break out point. This directed the streamer toward the
roof where it stuck, so I have no idea of the capability of the coil. The
distance from toroid to roof is probably not more than 1,4 m, the toroid is
2,2 m above the floor for comparison.

I realize that I can not power up the coil without the brake out point, the
streamers would hit the cabling and lighting fixtures. Have to find a way to
move the lighting arrangements.

Do you think it would be possible to direct the streamers for a longer
sideways strike, without getting it stuck on the roof?

But I am very pleased with my test otherwise, nothing burned or misbehaved
at about half the available power, 10 kW.

Jan
Stockholm, Sweden