[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Fried NST [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Fried NST

Hi Daniel,

I too have been in "lurk mode" for what seems like forever now (but still here). Regarding fixing an NST... Certainly doable but a chore no matter what you do. However, the payoffs can be quite nice if you take "advantage" of the NST and reduce the shunts while your in there fixing things. Here is a write-up I did on my first depotting exercise.
http://classictesla.com/photos/nstrepair/nstrepair.htm

and a couple measurements from that era on that NST after the repair...
http://classictesla.com/temp/DepotNST_Is.gif

http://classictesla.com/temp/DepotNST_K.gif

Good luck,
Bart B.