[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Cheap large VDG terminals [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Cheap large VDG terminals

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E0JKKQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

-----Original Message----- From: Matthew Sweeney
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2018 11:57 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Cheap large VDG terminals

I could never effectively prevent Corona forming on the edges of the tape,
even after trying a few different brands and spending much time smoothing
as flush as possible.

I found that a thin latex band 2" wide around the area pretty much solved
that. In fact I used a belt I made that was too short, and just re-spliced
it even shorter to circle the globe tightly. I use old hard disk magnets
inside the globe to actually keep the two sections in place. The latex band
also has the advantage of easy access to the internals and leaves no sticky
residue.

It's funny that after all the time and pain I put into more complex
solutions in the end some of the simplest ones have been the most
successful for me.

I am actually thinking of using these large bowls to build a giant water
powered induction machine - they have a great steampunk look when joined :)