[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Brush copper plating onto polystyrene [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Brush copper plating onto polystyrene

Hi Derek, it was me who actually asked the original question :)

I planned on using MG Chemicals Nickle conductive primer spray, and then
brush plating with copper. The polystyrene forms are nice because you can
fill any small dents with sandable filler or even hot glue.

My first attempt at making copper rings failed because although I made a
'perfect' circle I could not get a clean joint. If I had a welder, grinder,
and a place to use them I might be able to do better.

In the meantime this seems a quick and easy method I can do with few tools
in limited space (fan with window open when needed of course).

Thanks,

Matt