[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Home rolled cap's [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Home rolled cap's

On 10/20/18 6:51 AM, doug11642@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Steve, What I am doing here is just experimenting around to pass
time. I already have a number of functioning MMC's built with
purchased caps. This is "my fun"! I have lots of this food saver
tubing that I got for almost nothing, and the aluminum foil is cheap.
I doubt that anyone has tried this method before, so now to see what
it takes to destroy one. I have rolled three so far and the third one
is quieter than the first. Now I will try vac'ing them down to see
what I get.How many ways did Edison find not to make a light bulb?Doug

So is your final build like this

plastic bag
foil
plastic bag
plastic bag
foil
plastic bag

or

plastic bag
foil
plastic sheet
foil
plastic bag

BTW, on my foodsaver stuff, one side of the bag is sort of crosshatched, which I'm sure is "not good" from an insulation standpoint.

Or are you stripping one side off the roll of material?