[Home][2018 Index] [TCML] Rotary spark gap [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Rotary spark gap

I am building a rather small TC for [Ross Reynolds] a physics prof. at GVSU here in Allendale Mi. I have a sewing machine motor that turns at 13K – plus, under no load and would like some design ideas for using it to build a rotary spark gap for the little {demo} coil please.
To give you some idea on the coil/ NST = 7.5/30, MMC = 18K X 5.2 nf, top load = 1.5” X 6” toroid.
Any help you give me will help to inspire some students {maybe}!
This coil, by the way, is a gift to my friend Ross!
Doug J.