[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Tales of the suburban HV hobbiest [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Tales of the suburban HV hobbiest

 I used to take my 4" and later 10 - 1/4" coils outside for every Halloween. I used to keep outdoor lights fairly dim.  I would turn it on when they were at the bottom of my driveway for smaller kids. I let the bigger ones get closer, and it was pretty loud. Many parents liked it more than their kids did. However, mega-subdivisions cropped up, so in the same amount of time it took to hit all of our houses, they could hit three times more at the 4,000 sf houses, 1/4 acre lot subdivisions, so we haven't gotten any traffic the past two years. Mine rarely gets used more than a few times a year now.
Never had a neighbor complain. I did have a close call, when a girl assumed it was a pretty plasma globe, and went running up with her had out. I always keep my hand on my red mushroom E-Stop switch.