[Home][2019 Index] Re: [TCML] Secondary to top-load ratio? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Secondary to top-load ratio?

My experience is limited to 6" dia secondaries and smaller, but I have
found that maximum spark length strictly increases as top load size
increases, even as the topload minor dia exceeds the secondary dia.  That
said, spark intensity diminishes with increasing top load size, a painful
tradeoff.  I suspect that empirical data for top loads exceeding the sec
dia for larger secondaries is scarce as such top loads get expensive fast
and matching minor dia to sec dia just looks right and is known to work.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA