[Home][2020 Index] Re: [TCML] Toroid efficiency tube vs spun [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Toroid efficiency tube vs spun

Em 07/06/2020 18:17, Terry Oxandale escreveu:
    I've seen various designs for toroid construction (spun, multiple tubes-loops, conductive film/covering, etc), and have yet to understand electrical differences in the traditional continuous-surface toroid, versus the multiple tubular-loop ones.
Assuming the same minor and major diameters between the two (or what one would consider that for the tubular one), I would think that variability exist in total capacitance or field differences between the two, especially in terms of the number and spacing of the individual tube-loops to each adjacent tube-loop. Does anyone have knowledge of the frequency/spacing relationship that would garner electrical equivalence between the two, or is that not feasible to say one could never perfectly match the other in terms of breakout/capacitance/field characteristics?
Terry

The capacitances of a smooth toroid and of a toroid made with tubes, with the same outer shape, are almost identical. The breakdown voltage of a tube toroid is always smaller. There was some discussion about this in the list years ago, with simulations.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz