[Home][2020 Index] Re: [TCML] Westinghouse pole pig info [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Westinghouse pole pig info

I won a practically brand new 14400/24900 to 120/240 volt, 25 kVa, double-eared pole pig off eBay about six years ago for just $1 over the opening bid of $25! I placed a $50 bid on it early on after talking with the seller to see how long he would allow me to come and pick it up after the auction should I win it. I wasn’t even worried about being sniped on this auction and I really expected to not win it. I already had the transformers I needed, but figured I couldn’t pass up at least an outside chance to score a big piggy on the cheap. The seller was about a six and a half hour drive from me, so it was feasible to spend a single day, without the concerns of the extra costs of overnight lodging, to make the round trip to pick it up.

Well, one other eBay buyer did try to sneak in a low ball snipe bid at the last second, but my $50 bid ceiling was all that was needed to snag the transformer for myself and I was really surprised that I won it. 😊 The seller was very lenient about giving me all the time I needed to arrange a pick up, so I ended up picking it up a few months after the auction’s end.

The only caveat was my truck only got about 13 mpg on the highway and gas was running about $3.50 gallon at that time! Even figuring in the cost of fuel, I still ended up with a grand total of only about ~$250-$275 invested in a like new 25 kVa, 14.4 kV pole pig, though and now it is housed in the control panel of my big coil! 😊

Keepin ‘em sparkin’
David

Sent from my iPhone