[Home][2020 Index] Re: [TCML] Is this still correct, javatc [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Is this still correct, javatc

Thank you, had another question, but reading you post several times, I got
it. Im little slow some times.

JavaTC calculates the ideal value of capacitance to ensure maximum charge
and peak energy transfer, and thus best efficiency. However, it is not
always practical to build a "perfect system" in which the capacitor matches
the HV supply and the resonant frequency of the secondary coil. The most
important spec is the one that gives your primary tank circuit the correct
resonant frequency to match the secondary (under load, including the
capacitance of the streamers themselves). You do that, and you'll have a
good TC. The holy grail of TC building would be to match the Fres of primary
& secondary circuits AND match the tank cap to the HV supply, though you can
still have an excellent result without the latter.

Matt Lewis, Fairlee VT