[Home][2021 Index] [TCML] Re: Finally finalizing my 304er VTTC [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Re: Finally finalizing my 304er VTTC

Hi Matt and all,

To start, thanks for the kind words Matt, of my messy :-\ experimental old
setup :-D

Keep at it on the interrupter, and do post your fella eventually.

I have just a few updates on the tear down and the board is now down to
just the core components and the secondary removed for closer damage
inspection. I have "roasted" this a bit more than I could see when in place
on TC. The wire insulation and the epoxy handled the high temperatures
fine, no signs of any discoloration can be seen. Acrylic not so...look at
the straight edge pictures of one side and it's opposite side. And the
ripples inside the tube. Again, surprised some still worked as well as it
did. You also can see some notes of mine on the specs when this was wound.

I am going to do some frequency measurements of this damaged secondary out
of curiosity and will post results later.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AbvGszTCESuyAYHV8

So just a minor update...

Chris Reeland
Ladd Illinois USA