[Home][2021 Index] Re: [TCML] Maxwell .02uf/45kv cap [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Maxwell .02uf/45kv cap

I have gotten two at the TRW swap meet and also bulging have not used them
yet may not. got them very very cheap now I know why LOL. I was wondering
if anyone has used two sets or banks of caps on each side of the primary.
As shown in Nikola Tesla Colorado Springs Notes1899-1900 I have been doing
it this way for a while now. Three 15@30MA NST & 10 inch float ball top
load. seems like output should be more than a 3 foot spark. Used JAVTC wish
for better results. software predicts a much bigger one. I know so many
things affect the results. Went back to NST safer than the
instrument transformer without current limiting. may just use it for a
jacob's ladder now.Frequency of coil found with prob input to scope signal
generator to secondary coil peak on scope at 328 KHZ. JAVTC results are 330
KHZ very close . 0,012 UF 575 turns on a 6,6 inch form. use 2nano 30kv caps
in series 24 total. wonder if it should be 24 per side or 12