[Home][2021 Index] Re: [TCML] Admin: List status and help request [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Admin: List status and help request

Thanks fo rthe idea. I'm actually looking at list providers. Pay them to handle the reputation/spam issues.

On Thu, 11 Mar 2021, paul wrote:

Oh for the old days - it was so easy to set up and
run a mailing list, half hour to install and config
majordomo and you were up and running.

These days, with ISPs fighting back against a torrent
of spam, it's a lot harder and even when you've done
everything by the book, you can still get blacklisted.

Many mailing lists have migrated to groups.io, which can
be used just like a mail list so Steve Date's (and my)
long archive of posts can continue to grow.  But it also
has a web forum front end too.

--
Paul Nicholson