[Home][2021 Index] [TCML] Re: Using OBITs like NST [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Re: Using OBITs like NST

I made an OBIT bank of 10 once, phasing was annoying.I had about 60 of them in total sitting around given to me by an oil company.  This was before I got some PTs (much better). I never bothered to knock out the shunts. Obits in TC use are fragile. When I killed one. I just replaced it.  Removing the shunts is also annoying, usually potted in tar. Also makes them more likely to fail when removed. The outputs are centertapped (usually) inside the tar. Best to parallel directly, using 220v 4 wire and splitting the primaries 120-N-120 case ground, then phasing the secondaries appropriately would be fine. But unnecessary.-Jay