[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: GEHEISLR cup homepage and GE coil modus operandi...

Hi Sam,

At 09:47 AM 04/24/2000 -0700, you wrote:
snip...
> Now a few questions for you and the list…
>
> Grounding: Did you actually ground your GM coil or did you spark from
>the HV wire to its ground wire?

My secondary was earth grounded like a normal Tesla coil.  I think I let
the primary power supply float.  The sparks were from the terminal to the
earth ground which is also the secondary ground.

> Specs: Anyone have detailed specs on their design? Stuff like
>primary/secondary inductance, intended input voltage/energy, intended
>output V, etc… It would be useful.

http://users.better.org/tfritz/site/misc/GMHEI.ZIP

Has more detailed info...

Cheers,