[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Mutant Tar!!

Temperature is very important for the solvent to work well.  The warmer it
is the faster it will work.  I have found the same thing my self depotting a
few NST's.  Also, agitation can make the process go much faster.  If you can
come with a way to agitate the solvent it will dissolve the tar much faster.
A motor with an offset weight will vibrate the bath.  But becarful and
sheild any electric pumps or motors from the solvent and fumes or your
transfomer will be charcoal! :-)
  I was thinking of using a fuel pump to circulate the gasoline in a 5 gal
pail.  I think the "Flowing" effect of the solvent will reduce the time to
depot drastically, although I haven't had time to try it yet.
Bob.