[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Possible Asynchonous RSG Motor idea

In a message dated 4/27/00 2:39:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla@pupman.com
writes:

> Original Poster: "Alexander Rice" <alexjrice@hotmail.com>
>
>  Has anyone tried vacuum cleaner motors ,they are usualy about 750w and come
>  complete (from a scrap yard) with a neat little speed controller, sound
>  ideal to me, it might need some shims or different bearings, if not i might
>  just try for the heck of it - i wonder what would happen with a rsg and an
>  obit?!

I've used these motors and they work excellently.  I've found that the
ones that have a two stage compressor have longer shafts which
simplifies the rotor mounting.  Generally async gaps do not work well
with OBIT's (nor with NST's), the xfrmers tend to be destroyed.  However
a sync rotary works well with those xfrmers, but vacuum cleaner motors
cannot be easily made to run in sync mode.

Cheers,
John Freau