[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Salt Water

I used salt water caps for my first coil.  I used vodka bottles.  Can't
remember exactly what the "capacitance of a bottle" was, but I seem to
remember around 0.1 uF (this, of course will vary with what kind of
vodka bottle you are using, etc -- don't quote this figure as being
exact).  My first coil was kind of a "throw-together".  I didn't
rigorously measure everything, just tweaked to get it working (e.g. add
another capacitor, play with the primary, etc).

I never really did get it working well, but it worked well enough for me.

                - A. Banerjee