Re: Vacuum pump (fwd)

Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 05:48:37 -0500
From: Mike <mike.marcum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Vacuum pump (fwd)

I just use a run-of-the mill Robinaire refridgeration pump ($200 or so if I
remember right, including a micron guage). Goes down to 20 microns, which is
way below crackle tube/glow discharge level, but still not that good of a
vacuum for insulation purposes. Oh and 1 atmosphere = 29.92 " Hg  = 760 Torr
= 1013 mB = 760,000 microns = 14.7 psi = 101325 pascals  from here
http://www.ilpi.com/msds/ref/pressureunits.html

Mike