[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Coil form

On Sat, 17 Aug 1996 22:49:00 -0600, Tesla List
<tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>, you wrote:

Julian,
	Welcome aboard.
> The only problem
>this material has is that no glue/adhesive sticks to it very well,
>making attachment of coil form ends a little bit more difficult.

"Hot Glue guns" work well for attachment to polyethylene. If you get a
1/2" diameter gun, you can get 1/2" polyethylene rod to use in it, and
weld with it. (U.S. sizes, I'm not sure if poly rod and glue guns
match up in the UK) The Hot glue does stick to the polyethylene, but
can be removed with some scraping. Hot glue is not permanent on poly,
but does hold fairly well.

	cheers,

	jim