[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Magnifier system

Tesla List wrote:

> >From MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nzSun Nov 17 22:55:20 1996
> Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 12:54:42 +1200
> From: Malcolm Watts <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Magnifier system
> big snip

>       Finally, I welcome comments on this analogy. Imagine
> the resonator as being like a beach. As one moves from bottom to top
> (deep to shallow), wave tops get higher and higher as the energy
> moves from the deep to the shallows. Unlike the resonator, the
> distance from deep to the shallows is considerably greater than a
> wavelength for a beach so the beach behaves more like a transmissive
> medium than a resonator (where energy is being bounced between two
> ends). It might go some way to showing how wave amplitude builds as
> energy travels from bottom to top though.
>
>      Jeff, thanks for asking some very interesting questions.
>
> Leaving the field wide open for comment, criticism and experimental
> evidence,
> Malcolm
>
> PS - I will be measuring spectral characteristics of mag systems
> before the year is out so hope to answer some of the questions above.

Malcolm,

Yoyur explanation is as good as any I have heard.  I have deliberately
stayed out of this one as I have varying observations and thoughts on
just what a magnifier does according to some sort of theoretical
scheme.  I used to hold to the Corums explanation, but lately I have
altered this view a bit.  Nonetheless,  Maggy 11-E continues to amaze me
with its performance.

Richard Hull, TCBOR