[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitor charge, were is it?

Richard Hull wrote:

> No reason to throw out the baby with the wash water.  I swallow what
> works and can be seen to repeatedly respond to experiment.  I do not
> necessarily swallow all that I am told MUST BE SO.
>
>   Conservation of energy seems like a good idea and works for me time and
> time again.  A portion of the rest of physics needs some review, I fear.
>
>   As we drift farther and farther away from the definitively knowable and
> readily observable, the more we drift into a gray zone of official,
> scientifically sanctioned conjecture.  Science is becoming as the church
> was in the 1400s.  Rife with Officially sanctioned dogamtic beliefs held
> by those enviously called "the blessed" and "the faithful".  Any one
> who dares question the belief system is just laughed at.  Science at
> least respects human life but not the spirit of disagreement the way it
> once did.
>
> Richard Hull, TCBOR

It's all too true that some people in the scientific community have fallen
into a rut, and have developed a one-track approach towards dealing with
the world around them.  Any society will have a number of such types.
Rest assured, however, that not all scientists are like that!  Really!

If you discover some bit of science that is inconsistent with the real
world, then you're supposed to hunt down the exact part that's broken,
and hold it up for all of the world to see.  Then you become famous, and
get some unit of measurement named after you.  That's the way it's
supposed to work, right?  So no more complaining that science is a fraud --
the world is waiting to cheer the person that can prove it!

-GL