[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Component Placement

Howdy,

        My small coil was in the 'thrown together to work'
era as I just clipped wires together, balanced torroid..etc
but now I am doing the actual constuction. I asked the group
earlier about primary cap placement and it seems that placing
directly under primary is not good. I am ok with that. My
question now is the other components. My current setup is 2
tier with the primary and secondary on top tier and all
other components below on bottom tier. Even though I would
not yet endorse it, I am using the D.C. Cox protection circuit
which has 4 choke coils.

My thoughts are totally on field interaction of component
placement. My components are:

2 powered core chokes
2 air core chokes
1 neon transformer
1 primary capcacitor
1 cylindrical static spark gap

I am not as concerned with the spark gap as
I am with the other components which all have
fields I believe I should be aware of which
may have interactions due to their placements.

I would be appreciative for some feedback of
which components are 'happy' by each other.

Thanks,
Bob Schumann