[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Coil problem

John :
"I've been using motor starter capacitors for PFC on my neons,  why are these
caps undesirable; danger of shorting out and/or blowing up?"
	Nothing wrong, IF THEY ARE "PAPER".  Electrolytics will get
hot and explode (just messy, not dangerous) or else just dry up.
If they are in oval or rectangular metal cans they're fine, if they
are in paper tubes with flexible insulated leads they're almost
certainly electrolytics and NG.  Electrolytics are usually rated
with a capacitance range such as "75 mfd - 90 mfd", etc.
Ed