[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Just a brush]

-- BEGIN included message

> The addition of the torus increases the resonant frequency, do I
>  > increase or decrease my tank capacitance as the secondary frequency
>  > increases and how do I adjust the primary tap as the secondary resonant
>  > frequency increases.

The addition of a Torus (or any other kind of top capacitance) always
*decreases* (lowers) the "free air" resonance of the secondary coil.  This
would require the reduction of the primary occilating frequency to match the
new lower secondary frequency.  This in turn, necessitates either a *larger*
primary tank capacitor, or *more* turns on the primary inductor (coil) ie:
tapped out further.

The actual values of these diferences either need to be calculated by the
math gurus or found by trial and error. ie: continuing to tap out a turn at a
time untill you reach the point of max output from the coil, or adding plates
to your cap one or two at a tine and watching for greater output.

-DavidF-

-- END included message