[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Homemade speaker shaker

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Monday, November 03, 1997 2:54 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Homemade stacked plate cap.  *Need* a vacuum pump?

On Sunday, November 02, 1997 9:14 PM Sandy
[SMTP:DamDeName-at-aol-dot-com] wrote;

> Hi Alfred,
>
>      Just a  thought here----
> A speaker cannot take near it's rated power
> with a sinewave input ---
>      I don't know the safety margin -- but
> you will let the smoke out of a speaker *quickly*
> thata-way .

I have no doubt that your probably correct but I've been using acouple of
old EV bass speakers (15 inch rated 150 watts) as my vibrator table for
several years now and their holding up fine and I've been driving them with
50 to 100 watts at 50 to 400 Hz as needed.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   Alfred.Skrocki-at-CyberNetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/