[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

How do I make my HV chokes?

----------
From:  Malcolm Watts [SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent:  Sunday, February 22, 1998 6:20 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: How do I make my HV chokes?

On NST secondary inductance:

It is almost certainly in the 100's of Henries range. I have
resonated rather small caps with it both at power and in small signal
tests. The popular "impedance matching" criterion of Xc = V/I is
actually creating this condition for whatever frequency is chosen in
the Xc part. If you plot secondary winding Rdc vs Xl at Fmains you
find that Xl is far and away dominant.

Malcolm
<snip>